Bonjour ma famille!
Bethany, tell Isaac he's the laziest
guy ever on the court, and he knows it. From me. Also, go practice
outside! There's a reason why they built cul-de-sacs. I heard a quote
once, "practicing outside of your house on the hoop for hours makes
perfect." Thought that might apply. Also, have fun at EFY! Just know
I'll find out if anything goes down, and I will not forget it.
It's Grandpa Myres birthday??? Happy birthday Grandpa!!!! You're the best.
Dallin-
good job on your APUSH test brotha. And I'm stoked you got to talk to
Amy Hulse hah, that was awesome. I hope you told her hi. And tell her
you're in desperate need of her coaching again at Nwood.
Alyse & Tommy - thanks for those pics!!!!!!!! That was so
awesome. I loved everything, except Andrew's beard. I loved the picture
of the monkey hahah, you even captured it's mouth trying to eat Tommy's
legs off. That's pretty awesome. Thanks so much.
But I loved the Dear Elders this week, truly. One more week of them!
Bad news - the gym was closed this week because they're redoing the
floors, so we're been shifted outside for gym. But! soccer has been
really fun. I haven't run this far in a very long time, but it's super
fun and there are some pretty good players.
The big news this week was we got our Travel Plans! We're leaving
pretty early on the 31st. And we're actually flying through Detroit.
It's going to be a fun day. It'll be weird, and I'm pretty nervous, but
it'll come no matter what.
My favorite quote for the week, even though I can't
remember where it's from, is "Repentance is how we are forgiven of our
sins, but sanctification by teh Holy Ghost is how we remove the stains."
I love that, it really makes sense. Even though we might be forgiven of
our sins through repentance, every time we sin it leaves a little stain
or effect on us, but by having the Holy Ghost we can be cleansed and
turned from our natural man to someone Christlike. It's true! I love it.
I also love Romans 1:16, that's been an awesome scripture for me this week.
Sorry,
not too much to write about today, we're kind of being rushed right
now. But the work is good. I've seen many instances of my prayers being
answered in big and small ways this week, which was a great testimony
builder that I needed. I love prayer!
I'll try to write more next time when I have more time, and maybe
it'll be from somewhere in Quebec! Frere Magre told us that there's
areas like Alma (hah funny, right?) which has 6 members, and they're all
in 1 family, or other like in Montreal where there are 3 or 4 words per
building (3 buildings in the city). So, it'll be interesting to see
what happens.
And he told us that President Cannon wants every one of his missionaries to be able to speak 3 languages..................... ............... So............................ ............
yeah. He's heard of a lot of missionaries getting called to another
language their first or second transfers from what they studied at the
MTC, but then it working out well. So! We'll see. Maybe I'll be Mandarin
like some in our mission. We'll see.
But I hope to talk to you soon. Gospel's true, Christ is there, Pray a lot.
Love,
No comments:
Post a Comment