This must have been an exciting week at home! Game winning shot by
Bethanyy, and a facebook from Dad. And a gym pass? Man, times are
changing.
Dad sent a good letter this week, and included the
importance of following up on commitments left. So, how's the family
mission plan going? Have you set the goals yet? What are you going to do
this week?
Transfer calls were on Saturday night, and Elder Lanning and I are
staying together in La Salle! I'm happy about that. He's a good hard
worker, and is very humble. And it's easy contacting when we tell people
we're both from California. Our district is getting younger as well.
Now in Greenfield Park, there's Elder Russel who is in my transfer and
Elder Johnson who is one behind us. Then Elder Lanning and myself, then
Sister Hill who is about to go home, and Sister Bourdon who is on her
second transfer. Very exciting! We're all waiting as well for the big
rush of ELders and Sisters coming in soon. We heard that there are going
to be many many sister missionaries coming in in the next few
transfers. So here we go.
This week was very interesting. First thing on Monday night, we went
over to see Rachael with a couple members, and she told us she wanted
to stop meeting with us. She was very kind about it, as she always is,
but seemed to do a 180 degree turn for some reason. But, she'll be ready
in the future to make some changes.
We decided to do more finding this week than usual, because we really
needed some new people to talk to (which was nice because it was so warm
outside) and second, the Lord helped us run into a lot of people that
are interested! However, only one of them that we found speak English,
but at least they'll start being taught by Ville Marie or Monte Rey for
French or Spanish.
President Cannon with the Assistants having been making a push to
have an exactly obedient mission, and I love it. He's so awesome. Elder
Lanning and I made sure this week to think about how we could be more
obedient, and one of the focus points we had was only having 1 hour
dinners with members. Man, that is something we're learning how to do
politely, in order to not offend these awesome members here, because
they sure do love the missionaries, but sometimes that means they want
us to stay for a very long time. So that was super fun seeing our plans
work out with certain families this week. But everyone's responding
well.
Little things like that have really surprised me. Making sure to be
obedient to every word to the best of our abilities has really been
exciting. We got to see a lot of blessings from trying to keep our
covenants just a little bit more. I heard this quote from President Ezra
Taft Benson, which I love: "When obedience ceases to be an irritant and
becomes our quest, in that moment God will endow us with power."
It reminded me of some verses I read this week in John 14 and 15.
Jesus said, if ye love me, keep my commandments, and that he will
comfort us, and come to us when we need him. Then, I loved verse 21 in
Chaper 14, and verse 10 in Chapter 15. 21 He that hath my commandments, and akeepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be bloved of my Father, and I will love him, and will cmanifest myself to him. 10 If ye akeep my commandments, ye shall abide in my blove; even as I have kept my Father’s commandments, and abide in his love.
God loves us unconditionally, but yet we take ourselves away from
receiving certain blessings from our disobedience, or from our neglect
to be obedient. I raelly have felt an increase in the Spirit in my life
as I've sought to be more obedient, to trust in His ways, and not mine.
So let us strive to be obedient! Maybe even when mom says to come home by 10:00 (maybe.)
But I love you all! I hope you have a great week.
Love,
Elder Murphy
No comments:
Post a Comment