It
was great to talk to you and everyone else yesterday! I was surprised
at the connection which was great for us, but poor for Dallin. I guess
that just goes to show how hard it is over there (hah okay, I'm sorry, I
know it's tough as well).
Good thing when I signed on Dane was happy enough to
talk with us. I can't believe he's already saying some big words! What a
cute boy.
How's Tommy doing? How is Dane? I read your blog posts, but you can tell me if you want.
Our week here in Rimouski was great. A couple
members were out of town so we couldn't work with them, and most of the
week was occupied with service! We did service at Le Friperie, L'Arbre
de Vie, La Moisson Neigette, at Brother Hébert's friend's barn thingy,
and then at Sister Woods house. I love service now. I can't believe how
much it's changed ever since those groggy Saturday
mornings in high school when we'd 'have to go move people' hah. Silly
old pre-Elder Murphy. But we did get some lessons in, and invited our
less active friends to come to church. Some accepted, but none of them
were able to make it. Bah!
But it's okay. I'm excited about this next transfer.
We're going to give it our all. The big thing will be trying to
reactive members (President Fourtina still wants 40 members at sacrament
by the time I leave), strengthening those who are already with us
(President Fourtina told us of some plans that I can't really share...
but sometime I will!), and then going and bringing new faces in.
It's a wonderful time to be a missionary! I love how while my responsabilities are here in Rimouski, we all are working for the same goal - me and you! Let me explain:
- At baptism, we
covenanted to take upon ourselves the name of Christ. What does that
mean? I bet you have a good answer! Dane probably does too. Baptism was
the sign of our commitment to become disciples of Christ. What does it
mean to be a disciple? If we then are disciples of Christ, what does
that mean? (Hint - Elder Dallin H. Oaks talk from April 2013 General
Conference, so good.)
- The best way to be a missionary, for me or you, is to live the
Gospel. Through living the Gospel, we receive so many blessings. The joy
that comes to our lives is the best tool for missionary work. You can
have as much influence on the lives that surround you as I do!
So let's do it! What a great time to be a 'light of the world'.
I love you sister! Tell everyone else I say hi.
Love
Elder Murphy
No comments:
Post a Comment