Dad!! Man, busy already hah. That sure sounds awesome. It
was great to have Stake Conference, seeing it now with the perspective
of: 'Wouldn't that be sweet to have Dad directing the meeting?'
To answer a couple questions, Stake Conference was wonderful! We were 9 for the Saturday session and then 13 for Sunday.
Who spoke: On Sunday,
for all of Canada, Sister Burton, Elder Holland and President Eyring
spoke. It was so great! What I LOVED is that they all spoke about Faith
in Jesus Christ. They spoke about how Faith in the Savior Jesus Christ
will strengthen our families, it will heal our pains and wounds, it will
lead us to serve others and to heal up their wounds, and it was help
secure eternal blessings. It was an great lesson for me, seeing the
excitement of our leaders to talk with us Canadians, and then to speak
so plainly and clearly about Jesus Christ. He truly is the center of our
lives, and His church. Thank goodness!
Priesthood holders: I was sad that the moment arrived, and we
couldn't help any brothers be advanced in the priesthood, but it'll
happen next week.
Good idea about Steeve! We're going over a couple times this week to help him study and prepare to teach his lesson.
We had a good week, glad to say that I'm not sick
any more. It made it hard to visit people for a while, since no one
wanted to see us in order to not get sick hah. But now everything's
good.
Sister Bujold should be getting a call for her Patriarchal blessing in the next couple days! So that'll be great.
Our friend Sister Woods passed away on Thursday
morning. We helped her boyfriend Walter move into Rimouski (they was
living 25 minutes out of town), and it was good to be there for him. Her
services will be tonight at 7. It's been confirmed to me a number of
times this week that this life truly is just a temporary stay on our
journey. It's amazing how once our physical body is done, it's done. It
stops. But yet our spirit is still strong, and alive, just moving on.
I'm so grateful for the knowledge of the Plan of Salvation. Through
Christ, all shall be made alive.
I love you all! I hope you have just as an amazing week this week as I'm going to have!
Love
Elder Murphy
P.S. I hope Dane's as excited to see Elder Murphy as he was to see daddy and mommy.
P.S.S. We got poutine for my 2 year mark this week, but I'll have to send you a picture later. Bye!
No comments:
Post a Comment