Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Crazy Stuff.- June 26, 2012

Bonjour! hello family. How are you? Good. good to hear. I loved the Dear Elders this week, thanks so much. I got bombarded with them last night because they don't print the Dear Elders on Saturdays or Sundays, but it was a good bombardment.
Alyse hah you're silly.
Bethanyyyyyyyy!!!!!! So glad to hear about your last tournament. Sounds like you guys played well. I'm glad you got to experience a little of what club volleyball feels like. Like coming back from 24-18 and winning? Pretty cool. and then losing the next two games? hah yeah, that's the worst. But hey! It's all good, because you're still cute.
Cole, I'm glad to hear you're doing well. i keep worrying about what you're going to be like when I come back, but at least nothings changed so far.
Dad, sorry about not sending my letter until today. I wrote it last week, but then forgot every single morning to bring it with me to mail it. So you'll be getting it soon.
Mom, thanks for writing. I love your thoughts and such.
Umang, how are you????? I heard you went over to my house this week. How was it? And you borrowed the weights from Dallin. How's he looking? Swoll?
Dallin, thanks for you letters brotha. i loved what you said, when you start to think about improving yourself, all these things start popping out at you a little more. And while that might be annoying, it's how we improve. I'm sure you're doing great. Start washing some windows, whydontcha. Oh! And congrats on your gpa for this semester. I'm glad that you're hard work was able to show through your grades like that. Don't get cocky! And go play some beach vball for me
Camille, hi. It was weird for you to be so close! You should've broken in and said hi. But that's okay, i can't have that distraction.
Brandon, thanks for your letter! I was happy to hear from you. You can go ahead and tell Camille to get back to work and stop hanging out so much, from me.
Tommy, how goes Japan????????????
Well. This week was fabulous. It really doesn't feel like a week since I got to email you guys last time. oh well! But I wrote some things down in my Daily Planner to remember to tell you guys. So sorry if this is random, and maybe not all that meaningful.
My favorite meal here: The baja salad, and pumpkin chocolate chip pancakes. Yum!!!!!! and Marshmallow Mateys haha
Elder Lynn G. Robbins spoke last Tuesday on recognizing the Spirit more. That talk was awesome. It's really made me focus more on recognizing promptings.
But I have a regret! On last....... Tuesday I dropped my scriptures off at the Bookstore to get my name engraven (engraved?) on them, and then had to wait TILL THURSDAY to get them back................ It was the worst 1 1/2 days ever. I felt naked without my scriptures. And I gave them both my english and my french hah so that was the dumbest thing I could have done. Oh well! Won't do that again. And they say 'Elder Murphy' on them, to remind me what I'm doing every time I look at them. i love it.
This week has been so great though. Our entire district has been sick which is pretty lame, but besides that it's been amazing. I think I'm grateful I've been sick for the last little while hah which I would never have said before, but I feel like it's made me step back and humble myself a little bit. So I'm really glad it's happened. Even though I'm hoping it doesn't turn into pneumonia again. I asked Elder Ferguson to slap my back to get some mucus broken up (Mom, remember that?) but he said he would purr on me if he was the one who did it, so I politely declined. I'll try to find someone else to do it.
Let me tell you a little bit about Elder Kunzler in my district. He's amazing. I feel like there's three different types of missionaries here - the ones that don't care if they are good missionaries, the ones who want to be a good missionary, and then the ones who become good missionaries. I feel like Elder Kunzler must have written the book on how to be a great missionary. He's so awesome. His testimony is always strong, and he's studied the scriptures and continues to do so, so he doesn't only teach from what he thinks, he teaches from the authority of the scriptures. Then it was great, this week we were studying outside when some other elders about 10 feet away were making fun of some Elders in their district, and so after a while Elder Kunzler stepped up and said 'Elders could we stop talking like that, I'm trying to read the scriptures.' The Elders didn't really take that too well, and so Elder Ferguson had a few words for them, and then they wanted to fight us haha. Good times! I was just thinking, why? It was one of the strangest, but humorous experiences here. We just went back into our room and studied. Don't worry mom.
Maybe the biggest lesson I've learned this week about teaching is teaching to each investigators needs. We've had some badd lessons here just because we wanted to teach them something, instead of trying to explain to them something either they're worried about or what's most important for them to hear right now. Each time we leave one of those lessons we just feel like a load of trash. But! Good news, we tried so so hard to teach a meaningful lesson yesterday, and while it wasn't even close to being perfect, the Holy Ghost was with us, and testified to Ben while we were teaching what he needed to hear, and it was amazing. I never want to have a lesson without the Spirit ever again.
But I testify that the Holy Ghost is the third member of the Godhead, and that he is true as true can be. The feelings that he gives are as real as I can explain, but it's just hard sometimes to notice them. I know that he's there for us to testify to us that the Book of Mormon is true, and that Joseph Smith was the prophet of this dispensation, as the Introduction states he will. (The introduction is awesome!)
Favorite scripture of the week: Alma 32:35 talking about the experiences and feelings we get from the Holy Ghost - "O then, is this not real?" Who can deny the feelings that so strongly come upon us when we search the scriptures, and hunger to know the truth?
As the Introduction does, I invite all men and women to read the Book of Mormon and to live it's teachings, and to pray and ask if it's the word of God or not, and the Holy Ghost will testify of it's truthfulness. This is all I know.
Till next time, I love you all.
Love, Elder Murphy



No comments:

Post a Comment