Hello!! How are you sis????? (Mom, if this isn't Bethany's right email, please forward this to her)
B, don't mistake this for my weekly letter home. This is just for you.
I
got your dear elder! So awesome. I'm glad to hear you're just loving
volleyball like crazy. How was your first SV dance? Trash? probably.
I was thinking about you yesterday and a scripture about preparing.
In Alma Chapter 34 it talks about preparing to meet God, but let's
apply it, shall we?
What are you preparing for? For high
school? For dating? (ew.) Even for volleyball tournaments. You gotta
prepare! And how will you do this? I can think of a number of ways, but
I'd like a 500 word response on how you'll prepare for the things in the
near future, but also in the way way wayy too distant future to even
think about (boys.)
While you're bragging about how I wrote this email to
you specifically, go ahead and tell Cole his letter this week was
fabulous. It cracked me up hah. Tell him I hope no more birds eat his
lunch, cause that's a bummer when that happens.
And why is he a king now? I didn't understand that part.
Tell
Dallin: Whadduppp. I bet he's glad to be done with seminary for the
year. Woot! And i'm sorry about the volleyball/efy mix up hahaha That
was pretty funny. Silly mom! oh, and tell him to read PMG Chapter 10, so
good. and 5. and 6.
Tell Camille: hello! Glad to hear you and Brandon are doing well. I
hope he's still not working every night. tell him to take a break.
Tell
Alyse: GET BIG!!!! That's so awesome! Third trimester!!!!!! That's like
the feeling we all got after the first 2 trimesters of Sierra Vista for
2 years. Probably the same amount of kicks and sickness and feelings
like that. Good times. And your letter this week was so great! That
story you shared with me was so awesome. It made me want to just stand
up and preach His gospel! And I hope Tommy is doing swell. Is he the
boss yet?
Oh, and tell Rex i'll hit him up later, and sorry. I'm glad he's doing well. He's preparing himself quite well, I must say so.
Tell Mom: Love you mom. Thanks for the letters.
Tell
Dad: Happy Father's day! Sorry I forgot. Our district was informed that
it was father's day on Sunday on Saturday night hah. And thanks for
your letters. I love the advice and quotes you send me.
Ah yes. It turns out mom was wrong. You CAN tickle people here.
oh
my goodness! The Myres girls + crew wrote me some of the best letters
ever! Just filled with stickers and crayon and everything. Definetely my
favorites so far! Especially when Megan said she loved me. I'm so glad
that I found that out before I came back. I was worriedddddddddddddddd.
And no mention of any silly nicknames too.
I just saw Jazz, and I heard bennet got in an accident. I'll be praying for him!
K.
So we had our first TRC this week, or teaching random volunteers for 20
minutes. it was so scaryy...... even though we got a few points down
and got to share our testimonies (en Francais) I was sweating profusely.
Man. It really made me refocus on my language studies. But the lessons
with our teacher/investigators are going well. I love finding out better
ways to teach every day.
This Sunday was my favorite day here at the MTC so far,
by far. We had a great sacrament meeting (I'm the jnofficial conductor
for our branch hah I'll try to be like Br. Bollard) and then we had a
lot of personal study time. so we went to choir practice, and practiced
Lead Kindly Light which is so good! And the director spoke on Heavenly
Father's literal state of partenthood for us, and how much more
meaningful it is when we think about it that way. That was awesome. Then
we had a splendid dinner, and went to the fireside, where Sister Sheri
Dew spoke to us. She spoke on asking for and receiving the Spirit, and
how to improve that in our own lives. Then, she talked about how to
remember why we're here on earth, and keeping that eternal perspective.
So good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Then we watched Joseph Smith, The Prophet of the Restoration, and
holy cow. I don't even know what to say about it. I've already seen it
before, but this time was different. I was praying for the Spirit to be
with us while watching, and for help in me strengthening my testimony of
Joseph Smith and the Restoration, and my prayer was answered, in a way
that I can't really explain. I wish to explain it to you, but I don't
feel like I can. It was just the most definite and overwhelming feeling
that I've ever had. It was miraculous. Someday I'll explain it further,
but I can't seem to put it into words.
Something on my mind ever since Sunday has been Mosiah 2:24 - when
we do what's write or follow a commandment, 'He doth immeditely bless
you'. Man, so true. Every time i feel like I had a good day put in, I
just get the greatest feeling that I know this is where I'm supposed to
be, and even though i need to work harder, He's being patient with me
and will still help me move along. That movie and the confirmation I got
was what I needed, and I know it's given to us because God's patient
and loves us so much.
I see Sister Coleman everywhere! It was funny,
yesterday I saw her and ran up all excited and gave her a handshake, and
then all my Poly friends were behind me and they all started going
'ooooo!!!! Murphy's woman!!!' And I said, 'that's my cousin!' and haha
they said Polys accidently like their cousins all the time. That was
comforting!
But Bethany, I hope all is well. I miss you I hope you
know, and you're cute little smile. Just keep you head up. You can do
anything, as long as mom gives you permission.
Oh, and stop texting so much.
Love you,
No comments:
Post a Comment