Hey!!! I'm glad to hear that Dad had a great birthday, and that
he's still enforcing the 'not too many open cereal boxes in the
cupboard' rule. Hah so great. And I bet that grasshopper cake was good,
eh?
Yesterday was also President Laniels birthday, in our little
Chomedey branch. Hes a great man. Then, during sacrament meeting the
second speaker didn't show up, so they asked us missionaries to give a
short little talk on something we've learned this week from the
scriptures, so that was fun! I guess that happens more often than usual
in Chomedey. But I love that branch.
Oh, and Andre in La Salle got baptized on Saturday!!
It's pretty exciting to hear about that, and Elder Lanning said he was
super super happy.
The Clark family is doing
well, only Tracey (the mom) came to church with Laura Grace (their
little girl) because the boys had a St-Patricks day parade... which is
fine. They're doing well, but they're just so busy, so we're not even
going to be able to see them this week. But, we'll try to stay in
contact over the next few days.
Another one of our investigators, Ever, (he pronounces it as
Hebèrt) came to church again yesterday. He is from Columbia and is en
train d'apprendre le français. So he doesn't understand everything, but
really likes it. Kind of like me! He and his wife now have a date the
4th of May, so we hope we can help them progress towards that date.
This week was awesome. We were really blessed, and one
of the best things actually happened last week, right after we got to do
emails. We went over with the other team in Laval, Elder Berdichevski
and Elder Duran to Sylvie's home, one of their investigators. Shes a
middle-aged Quebecois woman, who is about 5'0 with red hair and big
eyes. She is getting baptized on this Saturday, so it was time for her
interview. So it was the first one I've done in French! It went well in
the beginning, and kind of like Kishand, another friend I interviewed,
they don't talk too much. But, as we got talking, it was quite an
experience. She got to explain about repentance and what it means to
her, and that was really touching. She said she doesn't understand
everything yet, but that she knows that as she's started to repent, and
read Le Livre de Mormon every single day, she's felt weights lifted off
her back. She again has the desire to repair relationships with her
children, and to find them. She is so excited to be able to start a new
life on Saturday. She kept saying at the end, ''J'ai hate ce jour la''.
She's pretty ready. Then, after the interview, she came into the room
with all the 3 other missionaries and said to Elder Berdichevski ''I
feel something here'' and pointing right to her chest. So we got to talk
about the Spirit, and how she'll receive the gift of the Holy Ghost on
Sunday, and she got so excited. Man! So good.
A point I shared on Sunday with the Chomedey branch was based on the scripture Ether 1:42. 42 And when thou hast done this thou shalt ago at the head of them down into the valley which is northward. And there will I meet thee, and I will go bbefore thee into a land which is cchoice above all the lands of the earth. I
read it this week, and loved the relationship with Christ's Atonement,
and us in our lives. I love how he said 'I will meet thee, and I will go
before thee', because he has! In all of our trials and pains, he
doesn't leave us entirely alone. Because he suffered for us, he knows
how to meet us where we're at, and then guide us through whatever we're
going through. I was really grateful for that, especially as we got to
teach about the Atonement to many people this week.
Since I wasnt there yesterday... What I
love about Dad: I love how Dad gives everything he has to his family. I
love how he has put us as his priority, even when its hard. I love how
he always forgives and forgets. I'm grateful that he is always intune
with the Spirit, and can help me out when I'm in time of need. Love you
dad!
Have a good week!
Elder Murphy
Oh
yeah! And Elder Daines emailed me, (Aaron Daines from BYU) and said hes
in a Nepali program in Salt Lake City!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So he's
basically finding and teaching Nepalis all day long, and can go anywhere
in the mission boundaries to teach them. MY GOODNESS that sounds like a
miracle to me. He said they're super prepared for the gospel, and
things are going super well. I think since last week thats the best news
I've ever heard! I love Nepalis!!!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment