Monday, March 11, 2013

Yeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!- March 11, 2013

Man!!!!!!!!!! That's the best news I've ever received!!!!!! I cant believe you're going to the Dominican Republic my friend. I'm so excited for you.
Well, I don't know really what to talk about now, since all I can think about is the Dominican Republic. If I ever meet anyone from there, I'll sure have a good way of contacting them!
Just a thought on 'preparing'. Just like the apostles and prophets have taught before, the best way to prepare to be a missionary, is to be one now. I really do believe that scripture study, even memorization is important. That definitely will help someone get closer to entering the mission field. But, I hope what I'm going to say makes sense. I tried to do that, to read scriptures or some of Jesus the Christ before I left, and I feel like it did help. But! I know now that I just got stuck in a routine. I read a lot, and learned quite a bit of new things, but since its been what, a new now, I don't really remember much of what I read or learned. I think I tried to learn these things intelectually. Obviously, there's a better way. So, a better way to prepare... How are your prayers going? Who are you praying for? How do you feel after each prayer? Then, feeling the Holy Ghost. How does it feel to you? When was the last time you recognized it, and it led you to do something for someone else? Do you pray for these experiences?     I feel that, for the majority of the time, that is really what I pray for. I didn't really understand this before I came out, because it was praying for me me me. But yet, God has been able to show me how prayer really does work, and that the Holy Ghost really is there and ready to guide us, if we listen to him, and seek to help others. When was the last time you went out of your way (out of your way) to serve somebody else? Service service service!
I'm sure Mom and Dad are thinking yay finally! But thats okay. The principles of the gospel can truly only be understood through faith and practice, and loving the little things. That's what I'm starting to learn. In my humble opinion, these will be a better way to prepare ones self for a mission.
But, things are going well here. The Clark family came to church yesterday, the nice Quebecois family, with 3 kids. They are SO awesome. They'll be an amazing support to this branch if we can help them get to the next level.
Love you all!!!!!!!! Especially you Bethany.
Elder Murphy (The one in Quebec)

No comments:

Post a Comment