Monday, June 17, 2013

After Father's Day- June 17, 2013

Hello!! Happy Fathers day yesterday!! I hope it was a great day in Irvine for you Dad.

Dads the best dad because of how he treats all of us. He has made so many sacrifices to make life comfortable, and then happy. sometimes too happy. And then he never gives up. And he goes swimming running and biking! How sweet is that? Hopefully hes still doing well with that. So great to have amazing parents! (you too mom, I love you too. Thanks for all your prayers especially. I know how much you're praying for us and our friends here. Youre the best!)

Yep! Brother Moreland came and took us out to a nice Italian restaurant today, with a nice guy named Garrett! It was super fun to see him, and to talk with him about Garrett (in Spain) on his mission. Both Garretts were super nice. And Brother Moreland is awesome hah, he was so nice and funny as always. Sure glad to have a good friend like that! 
Make sure to let him know thank you, and also to tell Garrett that I bet he's doing awesome in Spain. He's really going to be an awesome missionary. 

I can't believe Dallin's done! Woo! So great. 
Bethany, sorry you're not graduating from anything, but hey, at least freshman year is done.
Cole, good job bud. big middle school, here we come. 

And thanks for the email Grandma! Thanks for your support. 

It was a wonderful week this week! We received many many blessings. First of all, we weren't able to see Valerie, but she came to church yesterday (even without Pierre) and they are going to meet the Bishop on Tuesday to marry them. We're sure hoping they can do that quickly! 

Then we met some people during the week, who we set lessons with. We found one miracle, in a former investigator named Frantz, who is a single dad from Haiti. He let us sit down in his home, and then explained how much he loved the missionaries a year ago, and the Book of Mormon, how he knows he feels the Spirit as he searches for it while reading. So, we taught about baptism, and he's really excited for it! that'll be in August though, after he comes back from vacation in Haiti. But, just one miracle we had this week!

We've been doing a lot more knocking recently, because most of our investigators have either been dropped or are too busy for the moment. So! Just to give you a little idea of what we're doing all week long. Its a lot of knocking, with some good lessons planted in. Weve been knocking some apartment buildings, but also some houses, in pas mal well off areas, and its been great. People everywhere need the gospel! Weve been trying to listen more to where we should go, and then we go where we feel like God has prepared someone. And its working pretty well so far. 

I was thinking last night about the ward and the ward mission plan, and its a little sad because Bishop Lallemant really wants to get it going, but there hasnt been as much progress as he would like. So I'm excited to organize some stuff with our missionaries here to help the ward. So once it gets finalized, I'll tell you how it goes. 

I love being here! Its wonderful. Thanks for all that you do family, especially mom and dad. I read President Monsons talk during Priesthood this week, and he said a mission is a family affair. Very true. Thanks for all you did to get me here and obviously to keep me out. Love you very much.

Elder Murphy

Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment